Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm engaged!


So it's actually been a few weeks now but... I got proposed to! Sorry I haven't blogged about this earlier! It was extremely lovely, and a huge surprise! I thought we were going to watch a couple of soccer games but on Saturday morning, my boy surprised me with High Tea! He said it was to celebrate me getting my health back so I was just so excited and happy. It was my very first High Tea experience and I've always wanted to go!

So after the food and tea came out, this beautiful Alice In Wonderland tea set came out with more tea. There were little cards that said "Drink Me" and "Eat Me". Thinking this was part of the high tea experience I was just so thrilled. You guys know how obsessed I am with Alice In Wonderland, so I was in my element!! I wanted to keep the tea set and the little note cards, I was like a little kid! I went to the toilet and when I came back, there was a third note sitting on my tea cup (the ring was inside the cup). I turned it over and it said "Marry Me?". It was the sweetest, most perfect proposal for me anyone could think of!!!! The boy had organized with the High Tea management to include the tea set (which he bought and I CAN keep!!) into the High Tea service and to surprise me! There was no soccer, he had booked a hotel room in the city, secretly packed an overnight bag for me and what impressed me most was he had gone to my parents house and asked for my hand in marriage the night before (I thought he was hanging with his friends!!)!!!

It was definitely a day and night I will never forget! And an incredible story that I can tell to our kids... one day!!

Mel xx

1 comment:

Moe said...

How adorable! Congrats!

Related Posts with Thumbnails