Sunday, June 19, 2011
I make lists. I love making lists. I’ve always loved making lists. It keeps me organised while my brain is always thinking - thinking about the rest of the day, thinking about tomorrow, thinking about the weekend. It’s how I operate. Lists are what I do!
So, here’s a new list! The Thirty Before 30 list has been circulating around the blogging world and I just had to jump on board. To break it down, it’s thirty things I want to accomplish before I turn 30 (which is in 5 years - it will go quickly!). So, without further adieu, and in no particular order, here’s my Thirty Before 30 list:
1. Get married.
2. Have a baby.
3. Travel to Europe.
4. Master applying liquid eyeliner
5. Get Lasik eye surgery
6. Do the Harbour Bridge Climb
7. Do the Roar and Snore at Taronga Zoo
8. Go snorkelling in the Great Barrier Reef
9. Pay off my credit card
10. Update my portfolio
11. Get new curtains
12. Save money for a house
13. Start my own garden including growing fruits, veggies and herbs.
14. Sing one song, by myself, at karaoke.
15. Buy a DLSR camera and learn how to use it
16. Learn how to make rhubarb and pear muffins.
17. Host a tea party
18. Host a dinner party
19. Have at least 100 items for sale on Etsy
20. Buy a new bed and mattress
21. Keep up the regular visits to the gym
22. Reduce (or eliminate) my intake of fast food
23. Paint and frame a watercolour painting
24. Buy a new, bigger, car.
25. Finish painting the bathroom
26. Go through all my clothes and donate some to charity.
27. Go for a hike with my dog
28. Run one marathon
29. Buy a bike and bike ride for fun
30. Stop biting my nails
Every couple of months, I will reassess my list, and (hopefully) check off any that I’ve completed. Painting the bathroom is almost done! The one furthest from completion is probably number 30. Stop biting my nails. I’m biting my nails right now as I read over what I’ve just typed! Oh boy.