Friday, December 5, 2008

About Me

Hello friends!

I’m Mel. I live my life like I’m Glen Coco. I’m also a little bit of a loony and slightly obsessive when it comes to certain things (being normal is so overrated – yes, that was a 7th Heaven quote). For example, stationery is my achilles heel. I can’t walk past without having a look, and no matter how much I have; I’ll always go for more. I love Disney (Lion King is my all time favourite movie) and I go absolutely weak at the knees when I spot a dog on the road (I also have a tendency to squeal).

My favourite TV shows are Criminal Minds, CSI, and NCIS (no, I’m not a closet psycho, so don’t worry, although I have borrowed a few true crime books from the library now and then, and always wondered if they are suspicious of my activities and motives – I just like crime stories ok?)

I work as an Art Director for a kid’s magazine which gets my creative juices flowing as well as giving me permission to look at pictures of Justin Bieber (just kidding, no I’m not… yes I am!) With the little spare time that I do have, I love to draw, illustrate, design, create and paint – I’m always learning, and always trying to improve my techniques.

If you’ve gotten this far, that’s all there is to me really! Stop reading right now and be on your merry way. The next paragraph is only some quick fun facts about myself.

I drink early grey tea.
I think watermelon smells and tastes gross.
My favourite words are dumpling and squiggly.
When I was little, I wanted to be a flight engineer.
I play the Lucas Arts Monkey Island games over and over again.
I haven’t used a PC since High School.
I don’t understand why people like Seinfeld.
I play an aggressive game of Pictionary.

And that really is it now.
Bye friends!

XO Mel
Related Posts with Thumbnails